pieniä ajatuksia

Elämästä. Maailmasta. Asioista, joita muut eivät edes huomaa.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Holiday plans

Right. I have to get to the UK soon. I'm going all funny in the head. I just booked flights to Warsaw for Anssi and ended up looking for flights to London for myself. Flying seems to be surprisingly cheap these days if you know when & where you're going early enough. But, as I wouldn't be going to London, I had to check how much a train to e.g. Eastbourne would be. This is the bit that proves I really need to go there: Stupid bloody Virgin Trains won't tell you how much the train tickets cost unless you sign in on the website. This should've made me mad but instead it made me smile & remember all the massive rows I've had with them. We have exchanged sooo many letters involving various problems I've had with them but in the end I won (?) & got my money back. And just seeing Birmingham New Street on the silly website made me all emotional. All the times I nearly missed my train there... Looking for train stations (yes, I do actually have a life but I still decided to spend some time looking for familiar train stations on the internet...) I also came across Twickenham. Fantastic rugby - go see for yourself! Beats football any day (though vicious rumours say that Johnny Wilkinson's been drinking too much & is no longer the cutest ever rugby player, but as I haven't seen this for myself he's still my hero). And, my all time favourite, Wimbledon where mum & dad always got me some Rowntrees fruit pastilles when I was a kid to keep me quiet on the tube (how come no-one ever gets me sweets anymore to keep me quiet?!). Funny how you can just not think about some things for a long time but then something reminds you of one little thing & then you can't stop thinking about it. I need either therapy or a trip to my 2nd home. Think the flights are cheaper.

So,
there's a chance I might be able have a holiday of some sort maybe in August (after having had to go to Spain for work, poor me). My original plan was just to go to Joensuu and do absolutely nothing but be alone (well, apart from all the frogs & bugs of all sorts that there are) at the family summer cottage. Think it's time for a change of plans.

Look how many links I managed to get into this one! How good am I!

Picture: The Wonbles of Wimbledon at www.copyrights.co.jp

4 Comments:

  • At 8:07 pm, Blogger Veera said…

    I'm not going to warsaw, a friend of mine is.

     
  • At 10:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way, I just LOVE The Wonbles! And the finnish term 'vompatti' is sooo cute!

     
  • At 12:27 pm, Blogger Katri Söder said…

    Voi Veera kun sä aina kirjoitat englanniksi, minä olen sen verran laiska blogi-fani että en jaksa koskaan panostaa niin paljon että lähtisin kommentoimaan vierailla kielillä. Kaikesta huolimatta hyvää juhannusta!

     
  • At 9:32 am, Blogger Arto J. Virtanen said…

    May the force be with you in the Spain;) You may just need it..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home