pieniä ajatuksia

Elämästä. Maailmasta. Asioista, joita muut eivät edes huomaa.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Strange experience, very strange

New year, new stuff with new enthusiasm. That's how it goes, isn't it. Except for me it's old stuff with newly found enthusiasm. Thus I went thaiboxing yesterday. And that's where the oddest moment of my life in a long time occurred.

I was getting ready, changing, just about to put my contact lenses in etc and, at the same time, trying to overcome my fear of possibly dying within the next hour or so as that's what I thought happens when you just eat all christmas and don't do anything in the exercise part of your life. This girl next to me had a huge bag with her and just as she started to open it something fell out. Silly me, thinking it was something like a hairbrush or, at the most, her mooncup, turned and nearly bent down to pick it up for her. It was neither her brush nor her mooncup, oh no. It was a gun!

For a split second I froze thinking she might as well shoot us all now, we've seen her weapon. But she didn't seem that bothered, just picked it up and shoved it back to her bag (god knows what else's in there!). Somewhere around this point I remembered they do Krav maga there as well, the gun's fake and I haven't just had a near death experience.

Oh, and I didn't die from the boxing either, it wasn't half as bad as I thought. And the big bad thaiboxer guy (he's really nice & not scary at all but for some reason I've just always been slightly intimidated by him) talked to me afterwards and was really nice and not scary at all.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No kaikkea sita sattuu, kirjoittaa aiti Romaniasta. On jalleen kahvitauko ja hirvee meteli, espanjalaiset huutaa yhteen aaneen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home