pieniä ajatuksia

Elämästä. Maailmasta. Asioista, joita muut eivät edes huomaa.

Monday, August 06, 2007

First day at work

I went back to work today after a 5 week holiday. It was a strange experience. Very strange. I had completely forgot what one's meant to do at work. I knew one has to read emails. So I did that for quite a while as there were 135 of them. Fortunately most of them were the 'just to let you know that...' kind so it didn't take all day.

Lunch was nice. I knew that one has lunch at Juttari so that's where we went. And the coffee there was as bad as usual. That somehow got me back on work mode and at some point in the afternoon I noticed that my beloved gmail chat started to get in the way of proper work (whereas in the morning it was all the work that made it annoyingly difficult to concentrate on gmail & facebook).

In the end I ended up staying at the office for way longer than necessary as around 2pm I remembered why I work there and suddenly all the ideas I had in June came back to me. Which, I suppose, is good - eternal holiday would be boring (try & believe me just for fun, only trying to convince myself here). Though this particular holiday was rather useful: Manged to work on my masters thesis quite a lot. You never know, I might graduate some day!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:24 am, Blogger Katri Söder said…

    Lounas oli todellakin kiva. Hyvä että pahasta kahvistakin oli jotain hyötyä. Pian nähdäänkin taas lounaan merkeissä.

     
  • At 6:34 pm, Blogger Petra said…

    First of all I would like to say that 5 weeks summerholiday is just a dream here: that's all the holiday I get in a whole year! So stop whining and get on with it! Second of all, after having 6 months off work last year, fully paid I would like to add, it does get boring. Everybody I know thought it was brilliant, but I was bored after couple of months, because all your friends are at work. But luckily you came and cheered me up for a week in August last year thus making it a bit more bearable.

     
  • At 5:03 pm, Blogger Piri said…

    Voi mikä haikeus Juttarin pitsaan iski heti kun luki viestin!! Sanokaa kiviseinille terveisiä - ehkä taas pian nähdään.

    Lomalta paluu sucks ass!! Minulla se muodostui ehkä elämäni kauheimmaksi ja nyt kolmantena päivänä olen jo ihan valmis johonkin suljetulle osastolle.

    Power to ya, sis!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home